Here are some tips to fuel your body and stay active:
- Small handful of almonds (or other mixed, unsalted nuts)
- Fill a small bag/container with carrots, celery and strips of bell pepper
- Mini-snack box of raisins (or other dried fruit without added sugar)
- Create your own trail mix with whole grain cereal, unsalted nuts, dried fruits (even mix in a few chocolate chips)
- Kale chips
- Apple slices
- Air popped popcorn
- Walk around your new destination
- Rent a bike to limit your reliance on a car or public transportation (packing a raincoat is helpful as I learned along the countryside)
- Check out free outdoor events such as yoga on the beach
- Mix up your exercise class routine with signing up for a drop in class at a local gym
Find a local farmers' market to explore the cuisine of your destination, pick up some local snacks or meals, and walking gets your steps in.
Have a relaxing and enjoyable summer!