April showers bring May flowers, so it's time to start planning your garden!
Consider the size of the area you have available for plants - will your garden be indoors or outdoors?
- Choose organic seeds from a quality company.
- Visit greenhouses or nurseries for plants.
- Gather basic gardening tools - shovel, gardening gloves.
- Experiment! Your garden may not flourish at first, but keep practicing.
In small pots in your kitchen, try planting a variety of fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, mint, oregano, lavender or rosemary.
- Can be used to flavor dishes or creating flavored water.
- Add a fresh scent to your kitchen.
Increase your vegetable intake with your own homegrown vegetables.
- Clear the area to get ready for planting.
- Utilize planters on your deck for produce such as tomatoes or peppers.
- Check your local area for involvement in community garden plots.
- Research what grows best in your area based on weather, soil and sun exposure.
Both Indoors and Outdoors
Select a variety of plants indoors and outdoors.
- Decorate your home.
- Reduce air pollution.
Happy gardening - enjoy the fresh air!