- Be thankful, be kind, be appreciative, be happy.
- Keep your heart filled with love and spread a warm smile.
What are you thankful for this year?
- There are many wonderful things/people to be grateful for especially family, friends and good health.
Consider giving back to your community and help those in need.
- For example, the Nutrition Department at my job has gotten together to donate a Thanksgiving meal to a local organization that supports families affected by cancer. All the necessary ingredients/supplies for a delicious healthy Thanksgiving are donated to families with a loved one currently undergoing cancer treatment. This can allow the family to enjoy their holiday together, without the added stress of grocery shopping and its expense. Each member of our team is volunteering to contribute a food item or two, ultimately creating an entire Thanksgiving feast for a family to enjoy.
- Rather than participating in a "Secret Santa" gift exchange among coworkers or friends where the idea is to give a gift (often times a silly gag gift), consider donating to a local charity. Again, supplying toys, clothes and food for others in need can be rewarding this season. Choose a charity that aligns with the passions of your organization or friends. A small contribution adds up to something powerful!
This small way of giving back to our community can make a big difference in someone's life. Remember this season to spread some holiday cheer and happiness!