The holidays bring family and friends together, but often this can be a hectic time of year.
Reduce stress before the holidays
- Breathe. Step back for a moment and take three deep breaths.
- Try not to get wrapped up in finding the "perfect" gifts. Creating personal gifts can be thoughtful and inexpensive.
- Think back to the basics of holidays bringing you together. Spend quality time with the family and remember old traditions while creating new ones.
Make the holidays healthy
- Begin your New Year's resolutions now. Join a 5K to start your morning with a healthy physical activity. Get outdoors and get moving! Plus it will help burn off those extra calories you may indulge in later.
- Control portion sizes, especially with allowing yourself to indulge in sweet treats.
- Small portions can add up. Those cute mini desserts can help control portions, but keep an eye on how many you eat.
- Eat slowly to savor each bite.
- Wait at least 20 minutes after your first serving to decide if you want a second helping.