- 2 cups water + 1 cup quinoa. Bring to a boil, then lower heat & simmer, covered for about 15 minutes until the water in absorbed
- Add grilled vegetables of your choice such as red peppers, yellow peppers, sweet onion, eggplant
- Sprinkle with olive oil and garlic as desired
- Prepped and refrigerated the day before and served cold at the tailgate.
Avocado Dip: a twist on guacamole
- Combine 2 tablespoons of fresh dill with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium bowl
- Add 1 large avocado and mash until smooth
- Mix with 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- Top with sliced grape tomatoes
- Delicious with tortilla chips and on top of the bean burgers!
- Use a food processor to blend 1 can of black beans drained & rinsed
- Mix with 1 can of whole black beans also drained & rinsed
- Combine with an egg
- Toss in finely chopped onion and garlic
- Use whole-wheat bread crumbs to avoid a soup-like consistency, but try not to add too much as the burgers will become dry
- Add preferred seasonings, I used smoked paprika
- Bake at 325 for about a half hour the day before to hold together. Warm on a grill at the tailgate.
I complimented the food with my favorite pumpkin beer! My meat-lover friends enjoyed the taste of this fall tailgate. It is possible to eat healthy and share your recipes with others while still having fun!