Lifestyle change is a process that involves small steps. It is important to stay focused and positive. Choosing healthy foods and increasing physical activity will improve your mood, give you energy throughout the day, and sleep well at night.
I am currently training for the Long Branch Half Marathon to raise funds and volunteer with the American Diabetes Association.
How to get moving?
- Start with walking for 30 minutes 3 days a week. Once you build up comfort zone, pick up the pace some days and increase the duration others.
- Alternate 1 minute sprints + 30 seconds walking to your ability.
- Find a fitness friend to help motivate each other.
My favorite energizers:
- Pre-work out snack: apple + handful of almonds
- Post-work out drink: dark chocolate milk (almond, soy, or skim)
Join me with Team Diabetes! Check out http://www.diabetes.org/ for resources and ways to get active in your community.