Here are a few useful tips to guide you through a healthy month:
- Consider how, when, why and where you eat, not just what you eat. Appreciate the locations, memories and interactions with others when you are experiencing your nutritious meal.
- Be mindful of your food choices. Take the time to enjoy the taste of foods.
- Involve your family and friends to create food traditions that add flavor in a healthful way.
- Sprinkle cinnamon in your oatmeal, rice pudding and tea.
- Combine cilantro with pasta, salads or salsa.
- Add rosemary to chicken, potatoes or mixed vegetables.
- Blend mixtures of rosemary, lemon and/or mint to make an infused-water.